Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Killer Twitter App for Android


Where is it?  That's what I want to know.  Lots of decent apps out there, and some do several things well and others do other things well, but nothing I've found does them all, at least not all that I want them to do.

Here's what I want my Android Twitter app to be able to do:

  • Easily post to multiple twitter accounts.
  • Schedule future posts
  • Display feeds from Twitter lists and setup optional notifications for them.
  • Setup notifications and polling time for search terms


Facebook interaction would be nice, too - not a deal-killer, but if it exists, I want:

  • Post to facebook as myself and as my pages
  • Schedule future facebook posts
  • Display facebook personal feed and page feeds (and setup optional notifications for each)


I don't play with Google Plus enough right now, but if it ever hits critical mass, I would expect to want the same interaction as with Facebook.

Now, that doesn't really sound like all that much, does it?

But as far as I can tell, only TweetDeck (now owned by Twitter) includes notifications of search terms, but it doesn't allow scheduling of future posts in its Android version (only desktop & web interface) and you can't display Facebook page feeds.  Also, Twitter just announced early last month that they will be discontinuing support of TweetDeck come the beginning of May 2013.  Foo-EEE!

HootSuite and TweetCaster allow you to schedule future posts, but while they both allow you to save your favorite searches, they will not optionally poll those searches in the background and notify you when there are new search results.

Please, someone - is there any Twitter app for Android that will do everything I want?  If it's good, I'll even pay (though a one-time fee, not a monthly or yearly subscription).

No comments: