Sunday, August 19, 2007

HFS ... it’s the SKATALITES!!!!

Sometimes so called "living legends" come around, and I figure I have to see them, even if they end up being crap late in their careers ... I wasn't sure what to expect when I heard that the Skatalites were going to play tonight at the Beachcomber, after the regular Incredible Casuals early evening show.

I guess I expected good, but not great. I definitely expected to be too tired after the earlier show to make through the entire evening.

Well, I'll admit it: I ... was ... most definitely ... *wrong* in my expectations. I don't know, maybe they weren't as great as I think they were, but all I know is that I had a smile on my face a mile wide for the entire night, starting with opening band Indiscretion, and I stayed there until the club made the band stop (my pal Chris had to be the bearer of bad news and tell the band they had to stop).

Actually, I think they were just as great as I thought they were ... it was a wonderful evening.

No comments: