Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I sang a duet with Kami Lyle the other night - tra la, tra la, tra la

After talking about the possibility for probably a couple of years now and mostly coming up dry on ideas for what to sing, I finally joined the fabulous Kami Lyle on stage for a duet. Of course, we waited until her last gig at Harvest Gallery Wine Bar before they closed for the off-season, so who knows when we'll get a chance to do it again.

Oh, and we never got a chance to rehearse it, so it's certainly rough around the edges (key change is a little wonky, I flubbed the entrance to the first verse I sang, and we decided at the last minute to scrap the Ray Charles/Betty Carter ending for a simpler "cha cha cha"), but I really think it's a pretty good first pass! You can really hear us both getting more confident as the song goes on.

Here it is, in all its glory:

Kami Lyle & Fred Boak - Takes Two to Tango
Harvest Gallery Wine Bar
December 28, 2008
Kami Lyle - vocal, trumpet
Fred Boak - vocal
Tad Price - guitar (incl guitar solo)
Steve Shook - guitar
Joey Spampinato - bass
A big special thanks to Steve Shook for suggesting this song.

This was a real treat for me; I can't wait until we get a chance to rehearse it a couple of times!

No comments: